Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 21:56:21 -0500

DE> Also, I currently have no idea how to continue with CEDET, as the future
DE> where development should happen is unclear, and I get the feeling we're
DE> just waisting our time with the ongoing merge.

Until the dust has settled, please proceed, assuming nothing has changed. Move
your primary development into Emacs.git.

The changes I'm proposing don't have to happen tomorrow, and I can still be
convinced they're unnecessary. My gut tells me, however, that we're supporting
an unnecessarily monolithic development model for no better reason than "we're
used to it".

In fact, what we're doing feels like if Python included Django in its main
repository, just to solve Django's problems of compatibility, testing, and
making its bugs known to the main Python developers.