Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Sync up the org in emacs master to org maint branch?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 13:10:07 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> In fact, what we're doing feels like if Python included Django in its main
> repository, just to solve Django's problems of compatibility, testing, and
> making its bugs known to the main Python developers.

I guess that would be a fair comparison.

If Django had traditionally always been distributed along with Python,
and maintained in the Python repo, and the suggestion now would be to
move Django to a part of the Python repo that very few developers look
at, but Django would continue to be distributed with Python, and all
Django bug reports would continue to go to the Python bug repository,
and Python developers would continue to be responsible for QA and bug
fixing of Django.

See?  It's totally the same thing.