Re: official Emacs Docker image

From: Stefan Reichör
Subject: Re: official Emacs Docker image
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 08:00:19 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 01 Feb 2017 21:53:27 -0500 Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> I went to Docker Hub, turned off JS, and was able to use the settings
>>> dialogs necessary to maintain the "gnuemacs" account going forward.
>>> Account creation also seemed to work.
>
> RS> That's sounds favorable.  But could you please compare notes with Mike
> RS> Gurwitz about what does or doesn't require nonfree JS code?  You and
> RS> he are getting different results; the anomaly is troubling.
>
> Unfortunately I was rushed and meant to write "organization account
> creation" within an existing Docker Hub user account (you need one to
> create an organization). I did not test creating the user account. But I
> don't think any of that will make a difference.
>
> At this point I've lost interest and will not continue this work. I
> don't see a way to reconcile your positions with my reality, and can't
> change either.
>
> RS> Please don't try to push us to "move on" without establishing
> RS> the facts of the situation clearly.
>
> I think we can move on with other things now.

As a happy emacs user I am sad to see another good idea that helps to
increase the visibility of emacs is shot down by this oh so important
free software argument.

For me it is the same thing that happened to the proposed improvements
in intellisense behaviour. Richard wanted to talk to a lawyer about
this. And nothing happened. The person that wanted to implement this
stuff just resigned.

Stefan.