Re: texi issues in /doc/misc when processing with po4a

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: texi issues in /doc/misc when processing with po4a
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 18:33:01 +0200

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 17:10:36 +0900
>
> I'm trying use po4a to build po files from the various doc directories but in
> doc/misc a number of files seem to resist the process:
>
> ada-mode.texi
>       ada-mode.texi:543: (po4a::tex)
>       un-balanced [ in ''
> When adding the missing ] the po is properly created

I fixed this in the repository.

> gnus.texi
>       Can't exec "kpsewhich": No such file or directory at
> /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.24/Locale/Po4a/TeX.pm line 958, <$in> line 35.
> Here it looks like a path issue, but since I'm trying that on my Mac, I have
> no way to know if it's a general issue or just an issue on my machine.

No, it's not a path issue: the file gnusconfig.tex is missing.  Lars,
how is that produced?

> idlwave.texi
>       idlwave.texi:370: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'html'
>       (+ other similar issues)
> That's weird because the environment is properly defined
>
> info.texi
>       info.texi:1245: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment '@vtable'
> Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined
>
> mh-e.texi
>       mh-e.texi:80: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'html'
>       (+ a dozen similar issues)
> Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined
>
> octave-mode.texi
>       octave-mode.texi:170: (po4a::tex) unmatched end of environment 'vtable'
>       (2 issues total)
> Same here, the environments seem to be properly defined

These all seem to be bugs in po4a, as the Texinfo sources are correct.

Thanks.

P.S.  In the future please tell what version of Emacs did you get the
files from.  It helps to identify the problems and fix them.