Re: html, css, and js modes working together

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: html, css, and js modes working together
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 23:14:50 -0700

>> As far as the user is concerned, point is where the cursor is, and
>> when the user switches to another buffer, the cursor jumps to the
>> position of point in that buffer.

Stefan> Maybe you've configured your Emacs to do that, but by default, every
Stefan> window gets its own cursor, AFAIK.  The selected window's cursor looks
Stefan> different than the others, but the others do exist.

Sorry, maybe it wasn't clear, but the quoted paragraph above comes from
the elisp manual.  (info "(elisp) Window Point")

Stefan> In any case, by cursor I mostly mean window-point (modulo the fact
Stefan> that the cursor only takes a meaning when the window gets rendered).

That's what that section of the manual is about too.

Tom