Re: Bug #25608 and the comment-cache branch

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Bug #25608 and the comment-cache branch
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 04:25:03 -0500

> The island-varibles may be an association list, which contains basic
> information, local variables and cache data of the island.

Sorry, I still don't see how that would work.

"Association list" with what kind of keys?  It can't contain variables,
since association lists contain values, not variables (they can contain
symbols, tho, but I'm not sure why you'd want to use such indirections).

How would syntax-ppss know which island's
variables to use and find them?

        Stefan