Re: bug#21072: Brave new mark-defun (and a testing tool)

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: bug#21072: Brave new mark-defun (and a testing tool)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:54:51 +0100

On 2017-02-16, at 14:22, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Understood.  Do you have then any better idea for the name of this
>> function?  beginning-of-defun--incomment-line-p seems to specific,
>> in-comment-line-p _may_ be indeed too general.
>
> I'll let someone else decide if it deserves a "non-prefixed" name, but
> as for the name after the potential prefix, I think focusing on
> "comment" is the wrong idea.  Maybe `insignificant-line-p`?  Or
> `emptyish-line-p`?

OK, so I have renamed it and expanded the docstring.  I attach
a corrected patch (the second one, the first one is the same as before).

Is there anything else I can do before we may apply this patch and
consider bug#21072 fixed?

(Notice that three places could be still corrected: two when bug#24427
is fixed and possibly another one when the strange behavior of
(beginning-of-defun 0) is fixed - I will officially file a bug about it
later.  But these apparently will have to wait.)

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski