Re: 24 bit colour on TTYs -- make it customisable?

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: 24 bit colour on TTYs -- make it customisable?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:30:09 +0100

>> I've just had a look at commit e463e5, and it doesn't look like there's
>> a way to enable the support from .emacs.  Could somebody please add
>> a global variable or frame parameter that can be set from Lisp code to
>> enable 24-bit support?

> It is supposed to be enabled automatically.  Are you saying you want
> to disable it?

I've only had a quick look at the code, but it's my understanding that
the feature is only enabled if terminfo has non-standard properties
setb24 and setf24.  Since it's easier to add a line to .emacs than
compiling a new terminfo, I'd like a way to enable the support without
hacking terminfo.

I'm definitely getting only 256 colours in a recent Debian testing XTerm.

-- Juliusz