Re: Emacs 26.0.50 (address@hidden) Nested defsubst fails

From: raman
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.0.50 (address@hidden) Nested defsubst fails
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 08:20:37 -0800

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

When I said nested use fails,  it wasn't a recursive call to a defsubst
function -- here is what I meant:

(defsubst inner (x)
...)

(defsubst outer (y)
..
(inner)
..)

Used to work, byte-compile now errors out.

I've also seen instances where even if compile succeeds, the result of
compilation is wrong, throws errors in unpredictable ways.
(>> According to that file, defsubst and cl-defsubst appear to have