Re: Errors while compiling 25.2rc2

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: Errors while compiling 25.2rc2
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 11:16:20 +0100

> From: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 23:01:38 +0100
>
> address@hidden:/mnt/d/Source/emacs/build-emacs-ubuntu$ gcc --version
> gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4) 5.4.0 20160609
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
>
> What could cause these problems ?
>
> I know the platform may not be the primary target to support but still I'd like to know what is happening there.

Is WSL stable enough for us to start caring for it?  Last I looked it
was a moving target, with features added and changed all the time.
Trying to chase that could be a gratuitous sink of our resources.

I would agree with you, unfortunately, I tried also to do the same thing in a genuine Ubuntu release running in a vm
and I got the exact same result, which is a bit annoying.

I am at commit 6e788ef0 on emacs-25 branch.

So either I am doing something very stupid or there is a problem on the branch.

Fabrice