Re: Build failure on Windows

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Build failure on Windows
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 11:03:06 +0000

On Sun 05 Mar 2017, martin rudalics wrote:

> Current master fails to build on Windows XP as
>
> floatfns.o: In function `ecount_leading_zeros':
> c:\emacs-git\trunk\dbg\src/../../src/floatfns.c:298: undefined reference to
> `count_leading_zeros_ll'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [temacs.exe] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/emacs-git/trunk/dbg/src'
> make: *** [src] Error 2
>
> In the past weeks I spent many, many hours rebuilding and bootstrapping
> master with all sorts of failures.  I'll stop pulling now until the
> situation improves.

I have seen the same problem, which occurred after the most recent
import from gnulib. This is because nt/gnulib.mk needs to be regenerated
from lib/gnulib.mk (to use an extra gnulib module), but the build
machinery does not seem to handle that properly.

To fix the problem:
 - delete nt/gnulib.mk
 - run autogen.sh
 - build as normal