Re: Build failure on Windows

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Build failure on Windows
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 14:27:58 +0100

> I have seen the same problem, which occurred after the most recent
> import from gnulib. This is because nt/gnulib.mk needs to be regenerated
> from lib/gnulib.mk (to use an extra gnulib module), but the build
> machinery does not seem to handle that properly.
>
> To fix the problem:
>   - delete nt/gnulib.mk
>   - run autogen.sh
>   - build as normal

Thanks for the hint.  But this gets me the usual

Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "(require cl-lib) while preparing to dump"
)
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "(require cl-lib) while preparing to dump"
)
(require cl-lib) while preparing to dump
ln -f emacs.exe bootstrap-emacs.exe
ln: accessing `emacs.exe': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [emacs.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/emacs-git/trunk/dbg/src'
make: *** [src] Error 2

which means that with every pull I apparently have to bootstrap.  I
can't afford that.

martin