Re: Build failure on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure on Windows
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 05:29:34 +0200

> Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 22:28:51 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>  > The Lisp files that need to be recompiled by hand changes every time,
>  > so it's hard to say something specific.  Besides, my impression is
>  > that avoiding bootstrap is frowned upon in certain quarters...
>
> Well, I don't know where to go from here.  In the past two weeks I
> bootstrapped more often than in the past five years.  And if I'm not
> mistaken others experienced the same problem.  I think I'll take a break
> for a couple of weeks or months.  Maybe things will settle down.

I don't think master is broken, or that these things will become
better in the future.  One recipe to avoid hitting these problems is
to resync with upstream more often, because that minimizes the number
of Lisp files that need to be recompiled, and lowers the probability
of hitting some circular dependency with macros or somesuch.