Re: Emacs 25.1.1 coredumps if company-mode pops up in a magit commit buf

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.1.1 coredumps if company-mode pops up in a magit commit buffer window
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2017 10:33:23 +0200

> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 15:37:27 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > From: Filipe Silva <address@hidden>
> > Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 10:16:04 -0300
> > Cc: Emacs developers <address@hidden>
> >
> > Eli, Here's the recipe from emacs -Q
> >
> > https://github.com/ninrod/coredump-recipe
>
> Thanks, I will look into that soon.

I think I fixed this on the master branch, please test.  (My master
build is compiled with all kinds of runtime checks, so it hit an
assertion violation before the place where you reported an abort.)

Btw, vim-empty-lines-mode.el plays with fire here: in
vim-empty-lines-count-screen-lines it narrows the buffer to the region
just before point-max, while having an overlay affecting the display
that ends at point-max.  This generally hits on all kinds of dark
corners, so it would be better not to do stuff like that.