[ELPA] Proper distribution medium for my easy-escape package?

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: [ELPA] Proper distribution medium for my easy-escape package?
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 07:24:36 -0400

Hi Emacs,

Phil recently suggested (over at
https://github.com/cpitclaudel/easy-escape/issues/3) that the right place for
my easy-escape package might be Emacs core.  It's currently in MELPA, but since
it helps with Emacs Lisp maybe there's interest to have it in core? (it could
be extended to cover other languages, but it currently doesn't).

The package is at https://github.com/cpitclaudel/easy-escape/ (screenshot:
https://github.com/cpitclaudel/easy-escape/blob/master/img/easy-escape.png):

> easy-escape-minor-mode uses syntax highlighting and composition to
> make ELisp regular expressions more readable. More precisely, it
> hides double backslashes preceding regexp specials (()|), composes
> other double backslashes into single ones, and applies a special face
> to each. The underlying buffer text is not modified.

So, should this go in core?
Clément.