Re: One-click copyright assignments?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: One-click copyright assignments?
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 20:56:55 -0400

>> Just doing that would be a significant improvement I think.  The user
>> can then immediately get the PDF, and sign it without any delay.
>> It would still have the delay to receive the signed PDF, check it,
>> etc... which involves a human (Donald again, AFAIK), but: one step at
>> a time.
> Must it?  Can't the PGP signature on the PDF be manually validated?

Technically, when the process can be done without actual paper, maybe
it's possible, I don't know (hell, I don't even know if uses PGP).
I just assume this part is more delicate to modify because that's where
the "legal validity" checks would happen.

>> This said, this is an FSF-issue, not specific to Emacs, so it would be
>> better to discuss it elsewhere.
> Can you indicate what the proper mailing list would be (noting that there is

Maybe address@hidden (mailing of maintainers of GNU packages)?
Tho you'd probably just get agreement from them, so maybe good to get
support but to get actual movement maybe it's better to send it to
address@hidden and to address@hidden

        Stefan