Re: SIGIO and the NS port

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: SIGIO and the NS port
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:38:17 +0000

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:41:17PM +0000, Alan Third wrote:
> Today I discovered that config.h on my machine has two defines related
> to SIGIO:
>
> #define INTERRUPT_INPUT 1
> #define USABLE_SIGIO 1
>
> The NS port doesn’t use SIGIO to signal for input (I think it polls
> using ns_select), and if I comment these two defines out I can remove
> block_input/unblock_input from various places with no ill effects.

It looks like this isn’t right. The NS port works without SIGIO most
of the time, but if wait_reading_process_output is called with
read_kbd=0 then it goes into an infinite loop. (At least, I think
that’s what’s happening.)

I was hoping this would work as it would mean I could remove
block_input/unblock_input from ns_select, which appears to be the main
problem with concurrency.
--
Alan Third