Re: Performance of lexical closures in interpreted code? (was Re: Execut

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Performance of lexical closures in interpreted code? (was Re: Execution speed)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:12:37 -0400

> Yes and no: I consider the performance of interpreted code to be
> basically irrelevant, so I haven't paid any attention to it when
> introducing the lexical-binding functionality: when performance matters,
> the code should be compiled.

BTW, the above could give the impression that I wrote that code, but
really the credit is due to Miles Bader (similarly, the changes in the
byte-compiler were written by Igor Kuzmin (as part of a summer project
under my supervision) rather than by me (Miles Bader had started on that
front as well, but using another approach which did not lend itself to
a summer project)).

What I did do is "the finishing touches", so I basically only claim
responsibility for the bugs, not the features.

        Stefan