Some problems with key bindings on windows

From: germano carella
Subject: Some problems with key bindings on windows
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:25:53 +0100

Hi to all,

I’m Germano from Italy.

I’m writing a simple application in elisp, and I need to assign some key bindings, using left window key as key modifier.

I hope this is the correct place for my question. If not, can you point me in some direction?

I tried some solutions found on internet, but none seem to work.

I’ve emacs 25.1.1 on Windows 10 64 bit.

I do:

(setq w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil)

(setq w32-lwindow-modifier ‘super)

Now, pressing left window key doesn’t open cortana. This is ok.

I tried to set, for example, win+j to a simple function that display a message.

(global-set-key (kbd “s-j”) ‘hello)

Doesn’t work. Win+j is not assigned on Windows, so it should work fine.

I tried “s-f9” and it works!

I read on internet someone used autohotkey but I don’t know how to use it.

Some suggestions?

An other question: can be capslock and insert key be used as modifier Keys?

Thanks!