Re: master has switched from Automake to GNU Make

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: master has switched from Automake to GNU Make
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:06:22 +0100

>>   + 917ce99...5aa9a80 scratch/record -> origin/scratch/record  (forced
update)

>> Couldn't we recommend that people don't use forced pushes - even on
>> scratch branches?
>
> Why?

It's distracting for people like me who don't understand git.  Today it
confused me enough that I messed up the ChangeLog of my commit and did
not notice it before pushing.  Also reading about it on the net is not
very reassuring either.  But if you think that it's essential I'll have
to get used to it.

martin