Re: master has switched from Automake to GNU Make

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: master has switched from Automake to GNU Make
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 10:24:47 -0500

On 03/25/2017 04:26 AM, martin rudalics wrote:
Here git frequently pesters me with the message that it cannot complete
my pull request because files I fetched from the repository (and never
touched myself) contain trailing whitespace (usually loaddefs or ldefs
files but otheres as well).

That sounds wrong. It never happens to me, I expect because my workflow differs. Can you give a way to reproduce your problem? Perhaps there's a way we can fix the Git configuration so that it doesn't happen to you in the future.