Re: Display updates strangely - extra text appears and then disappears

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Display updates strangely - extra text appears and then disappears
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 17:57:52 +0200

Eli writes:

> Thanks.  Can you provide a recipe starting from "emacs -Q" to
> reproduce the problem?  Preferably without virtual desktops.

Yes.

After starting "emacs -Q", evaluate:

  (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "feedbase.org"
                                  (nntp-open-connection-function
nntp-open-tls-stream)
                                  (nntp-port-number 563)
                                  (nntp-address "feedbase.org")))

Then do M-x gnus, and enter the server buffer by pressing '^'.

Enter the server browse buffer for feedbase org by pressing 'RET' with
point on its line. Subscribe to, at least, 20 groups (pressing 'u' with
point on each line).

Exit the server browse buffer by pressing 'q' and exit the server buffer
by pressing 'q'. You are in the group buffer now, showing the 20 groups
you subscribed to.

Enter a group by pressing 'RET' with point on it. Open the first article
by pressing 'RET'. The display of the summary (top) buffer is messed up.

Exit the group by pressing 'q'. The group buffer is now messed up:

 · https://koldfront.dk/misc/gnu-emacs/redisplay-q-gnus.png

If you press 'g' (to check for new articles), the group buffer is
updated and displays correctly:

 · https://koldfront.dk/misc/gnu-emacs/redisplay-q-gnus-g.png

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Oh, we all like motorcycles, to some degree."               Adam Sjøgren
                                                         address@hidden