Re: Display updates strangely - extra text appears and then disappears

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Display updates strangely - extra text appears and then disappears
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 19:36:59 +0300

> From: address@hidden (Adam Sjøgren)
> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 17:57:52 +0200
>
> Eli writes:
>
> > Thanks.  Can you provide a recipe starting from "emacs -Q" to
> > reproduce the problem?  Preferably without virtual desktops.
>
> Yes.

Thanks.  I followed the recipe, but my display is not messed up as you
describe.

Could you perhaps try the recipe after disabling double-buffering,
like this:

  M-: (modify-frame-parameters nil '((inhibit-double-buffering . t))) RET

If you repeat the recipe after evaluating the above, does the problem
still appear?