RE: Idea: Be able to use text properties as face attributes

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Idea: Be able to use text properties as face attributes
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 21:51:31 -0700 (PDT)

(I can't check this right now, but) I wonder if it might not
be as simple as changing `get-text-property' to check whether
the character at the given POSITION either has the given PROP
or has a face property (`face', `font-lock-face', `mouse-face')
that has the given PROP as one of its attributes, and if so
to return the PROP value.

Priority should be given to the latter (PROP on the face) if
both exist, in my view.  Dunno about priority among `face',
`font-lock-face', and `mouse-face', if more than one of them
has the PROP and those PROP values differ.