Re: FAILED tramp-test34-utf8

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: FAILED tramp-test34-utf8
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:16:11 +0300

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: Colin Baxter <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 19:00:35 +0200
>
> > Looks like an attempt to compare a multibyte string with a unibyte
> > string holding the same bytes.  In such cases, string-equal returns
> > nil, per its documentation.
>
> You mean it is sheer luck that the test passes usually? Hmm.

If indeed one of the strings is unibyte, the other multibyte, then
yes.  It's hard to say whether this is the case by looking at the
bytes presented by Colin, since at least some of them seem to have
been converted to ASCII strings \nnn instead of the original bytes.
So maybe my guess about the reason is wrong.