Re: Continuous integration

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Continuous integration
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 10:47:41 +0100

Toon Claes <address@hidden> writes:

> "Phillip Lord" <address@hidden> writes:
>> 3) Who is prepared to do an installation?
>>
>> In answer to question 3), I'm happy to do installation for a buildbot
>> based solution, since I already tried it just for "fun".
>
> As a trial I hope to have time somewhere this week to set up CI using
> GitLab.com. It probably won't be the final hosting solution, but this is
> at the moment the easiest path to set up a trial installation.
>
> When we have both, we can do a objective comparison.

I have the buildbot installation up now. Slightly harder work than I
hoped, but not too bad.

http://emacs.bioswarm.net:8010

Currently, it's running a single build (full build from clean, through
to tests). It will build any branch (following a change). The build
takes about 60 mins (or 30 mins with parallel builds). In practice, I'd
probably add a "incremental recompile and test" job which would be much
quicker. The builds are running on the master which is probably not
ideal.

Anyway, comments welcome.

Phil