Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:57:27 +0300

> From: Ken Raeburn <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 22:27:26 -0400
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > I applied your patch, and while dumping I get an error message:
> >
> >  Dumping into dumped.elc...preparing...
> >  Dumping into dumped.elc...generating...
> >  Symbol's function definition is void: cl-labels
> >
> > and dumped.elc is not re-created.  What did I miss?
>
> Looks like I missed a “require” or “load” to pull in cl-macs.  Perhaps it’s
> loaded by something else in my build that’s platform-dependent (X11 vs
> Windows?) and isn’t in yours; I’m not sure. But it isn’t working for me to
> just load it explicitly without fixing up the load path too.  Perhaps I
> should’ve just defined a helper function instead of using cl-labels.
>
> For now, try adding this patch. It bootstraps for me, and should get
> cl-labels defined.

This fixes the problem, and Emacs now starts OK, so the abbrevs issue
is also solved.

I think you should push all the changes you asked me to apply as
patches.

What is the roadmap ahead?  Are there any known issues left, before we
can consider this be a candidate for merging to master, and asking
people to test it in their routine workflows before we actually merge?

Thanks.