Re: Continuous integration

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: Continuous integration
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 21:44:55 -0400

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 14:24:44 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> AFAIK, yes, the gitlab "Community Edition" software is fully free (the
> FSF looked at that when assessing its recommendation for hosting
> providers).

I feel that this needs clarification, just in case.

The FSF itself did not look at anything---there were a number of
volunteers that Zak Rogoff organized.  I evaluated GitLab.com against rms'
criteria, but that is GitLab.com as a _hosting provider, not
self-hosting_.  I did not perform a software evaluation, aside from
ensuring that the JS served to the client is free (I had already worked
with them in the past to change the EE license to liberate all JS and
use Piwik instead of Google Analytics).

If that's a concern, someone else will have to do so.  If there is a
licensing issue, it'd certainly be a bug, and from my experience with
them, they'd get it resolved in short order.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer