Re: mouse-wheel-scroll

From: Tak Kunihiro
Subject: Re: mouse-wheel-scroll
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 08:20:02 +0900

>>> Did you customize your system's mouse speed?  It sounds strange that a
>>> single click scrolls 15 lines by default.  Is that what happens with
>>> other applications?
>>
>> On my system `acceleration' is set to middle.  Wheel one click scrolls
>> 1 line on Firefox and 75 lines on Emacs.
>>
>> With `acceleration’ none, wheel one click scrolls 1 line on Firefox
>> and 5 lines on Emacs.  On this condition, because of lack of acceleration
>> scroll gets too slow on other applications.
> This might (possibly) explain Kunihiro's results

> Were they on MS-Windows?  I'm not sure.

> We'd have had to ask, but it's a moot point now as far as this idea is

> concerned.

My environment with one-click 75-lines is show below.
 - Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX
 - MacOS 10.9.5
 - Logitech Control Center 3.9.0.
   - Speed: Slow
   - Acceleration: Middle

Its wheel is similar to Logitech Performance MX mouse as described by
Kaushal.  It seems that `one-click' on the device generates several
`typical one-click’ considering velocity.