Re: moving some indentation tests

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: moving some indentation tests
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 16:38:03 -0400

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Phillip Lord
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Ah, so you put in some relatively random indentation (well, not random),
> and then reindent it, rather than starting from totally unindented.

Yes, exactly. Arbitrary, but not random because if you have a test
failure it would be annoying to debug it with different indentation
each time!

> Although I think emacs-lisp-mode is not working correctly here. In my hands:
>
> "
> (hello
> (world))
> "
>
> indents to
>
> "
> (hello
>  (world))
> "
>
> in emacs-lisp mode. So I'm not 100% sure this is assess not working.

Ah, because lisp-indent-line doesn't check the parse context.
`indent-sexp' does the right thing, if called outside the string (and
also inside since #21343 was fixed).

I believe my patches at
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25122#77 will fix this
for `indent-region' (since I happened to copy the syntax-ppss fix from
#21343). Probably `lisp-indent-line' should also use syntax-ppss to
get the correct parse context.