Re: Change Tramp syntax

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Change Tramp syntax
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 10:04:56 -0700

> This is the essence of my question: Does it solve the problem for some, at a
> cost to others? What is the new user experience if they fail to use "ssh:"?
> Is it obvious what they've done wrong and how to fix it?

Michael, I'd still like an answer to these questions, please. I'm concerned
about how this change is going to affect users who aren't as aware of Tramp
and its workings. Thanks! Alternatively, if we implement a compat translation
that is on by default for at least a few versions, it would resolve these
questions as well.

Thanks,