Re: moving some indentation tests

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: moving some indentation tests
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 21:28:05 -0600

Tom> I'm thinking I would move the files to test/data and then write a new
Tom> test that simply iterates over these files and checking that
Tom> re-indentation works.

This turns out to be kind of a pain because there's no good way to pick
a name for the new file.  I tried test/lisp/indentation-tests.el, but
then the Makefile wants to find a dependency lisp/indentation.el.  I
wanted to choose a name that *wasn't* the same as any other existing
lisp file, because this test crosses file boundaries.

Any advice?  It seems to me that this indentation scheme is not so
great, in that it forces all the tests to appear in a single file, which
could be unwieldy for larger lisp sources.

Tom