Re: Recent change in master breaks async package update using paradox

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Subject: Re: Recent change in master breaks async package update using paradox
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 14:12:14 +0200

Kaushal Modi wrote:
> As you mentioned in the paradox GitHub thread, a problem could be that
> when async runs on my machine, it probably runs an older Emacs.
>
> Would you or anyone on the list have an idea if we can specify which
> exact emacs binary should be used for this "other" emacs process?

According to this, it looks like it just starts the first "emacs"
found in the path.

https://github.com/jwiegley/emacs-async/blob/master/async.el#L287

But then, when I tested this, I didn't change PATH so I think async
should have run my /usr/bin/emacs, which is 24.3.

Another theory is that some .elc in your local ~/.emacs.d/elpa would
have to be recompiled.  But that's a use case we should support through
(cl-old-struct-mode 1), so I'd like to fix that.