Debugging problems using async.el

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Subject: Debugging problems using async.el
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 15:28:53 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Lars Brinkhoff <address@hidden>
>> The problem is finding this function call which is made in an async
>> subprocess emacs.  The backtrace we have only shows what's going in
>> in the parent emacs.
>
> I generally find debugging problems in using async.el to be very hard
> indeed.

I'm beginning to see that!

I set async-debug to t to capture the Lisp form sent to the subordinate
emacs.  I was hoping that I could just wrap this in funcall and run it
in a fresh emacs, but the error doesn't seem to appear when I do that.

I see the subordinate logs stuff to *Messages*, which goes to stdout in
batch mode.  I wonder if that output is saved somewhere.