RE: If records are not sequences, why does aref work on records?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: If records are not sequences, why does aref work on records?
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2017 10:41:45 -0700 (PDT)

(Caveat: I have not been following this thread.)

If the intention is to add a new kind of sequence, for
example to add a record type and have it be considered
a type of sequence, then I think it should support all
sequence features, just like other sequences.

If it does not support everything intended by "sequence"
then I think we should not present it as a sequence.  In
particular, it should not be documented as a sequence in
that case.

As to what a sequence is, one guide is to refer to Common
Lisp, which carefully defines sequences and sequence
operations.