Re: Testing of the portable dumper branch

From: Philippe Vaucher
Subject: Re: Testing of the portable dumper branch
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 17:02:22 +0200

On Tue, Dec 20 2016, John Wiegley wrote:
> Has anyone had a chance to play around with the portable dumper branch, and to
> review the changes?  I'd love to hear some thoughts.

I've found that pdumper does awful things to weak hash tables restored
from dump.  I'm fixing that bug --- I'll push when that bit works.

...So, any news?

Or maybe are you waiting on the result of the "big elc file" approach before deciding to continue with the portable dumper idea?

I mean, with all the discussions the portable dumper generated it's kind of a shame not to be able to test it, or at least look at the current implementation in some repo/branch, even if it's broken at the moment.

Philippe