Re: Advice needed on modeline customization hack...

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Advice needed on modeline customization hack...
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 09:49:29 -0400

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 23:11:28 -0400 Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I suggest adding a function `mode-line-substitute` which traverses
> the mode-line-format looking for particular elements to replace with
> something else.  So the user can do something like
>
>     (mode-line-substitute "%c" "%C")

Looking at what might be involved there to do this correctly (given
that one would want to be able to match arbitrary mode line list
elements etc. and the mode line format is nontrivial.) I think I'll
make that function a back burner project and just add another knob
instead. The big question for me right now is what to name the knob,
believe it or not.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden