Re: [RFC] Gnus generalized search, part II

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [RFC] Gnus generalized search, part II
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 12:17:37 -0500

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Noam Postavsky <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Basically we're sending search queries to multiple
> servers, and using threads to make the external processes asynchronous.
> C-g would come into play when one or more of those processes hangs or is
> slow, and the user loses patience and wants to quit. The desired result
> would be that whichever thread we're currently waiting on gets killed,

There should never be _one_ thread that you are waiting on (except when
there is only one left, of course); you should always be waiting for
_any_ thread to respond. Otherwise, you don't have a truly asynchronous
system; you have a polled synchronous system.

So the user would be saying "kill all outstanding threads".

--
-- Stephe