Re: Smie-auto-fill doesn’t respect comment-auto-fill-only-comments

From: Ian Dunn
Subject: Re: Smie-auto-fill doesn’t respect comment-auto-fill-only-comments
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 20:18:08 -0400

Nikolai Weibull <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I’d really appreciate some input on this issue.
>
> Thanks!
>
>   Nikolai
>
> On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Nikolai Weibull <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Smie-auto-fill doesn’t respect comment-auto-fill-only-comments.  I’m
>> not quite sure whether it actually should, but the issue I’m having is
>> that auto-fill is being applied in sh-mode, even though I have
>> comment-auto-fill-only-comments.
>>
>>   Nikolai

I can confirm this.  I've seen this on both sh-mode and octave-mode.

To mitigate the problem, you can add the following to the mode hooks for those
that use SMIE (sh, octave, etc.):

(setq-local auto-fill-function 'do-auto-fill)

I don't know if there's something special smie-auto-fill does that this will
stop, but at least this will respect comment-auto-fill-only-comments.

--
Ian Dunn