Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:09:58 -0600

I mean what the string contains. Your code splits it on certain characters:
"[\f\t\n\r\v]+". It is always good to be able to go to some documentation, to
verify that these really are the characters that delimiter file names. However, if the
content is an arbitrary text file, then that should be mentioned.

The content is an arbitrary string selected in any application that supports
services. I've removed \s from the delimiters *because* spaces can be part of a
path on Mac.

All those characters could appear as well: macOS is Unix, after all, and so supports anything except NUL (and reserves / as a directory separator, although in some interfaces / and : are interchanged). That said, of course spaces are much more common in names, but it's good to remember that this is a human factors decision, not a technical one based on OS rules.

Davis

--
This product is sold by volume, not by mass. If it appears too dense or too sparse, it is because mass-energy conversion has occurred during shipping.