Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification

From: mituharu
Subject: Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 03:28:11 +0900

>> For more consistent behavior with other apps on macOS, you can
>> let the system parse the selected text to get (possibly multiple)
>> filenames.  Just inspect the service pasteboard with
>> NSFilenamesPboardType instead of NSStringPboardType.
>
> I've just checked the clipboard contents when I select a path in a text
> file and I only get NSStringPboardType. NSFilenamesPboardType is only
> available when I select a file in the Finder, which is not the use case
> here.
>
> Or maybe I've misunderstood what you wrote.

If "the clipboard" means NSGeneralPboard, that's not what I meant
by "the service pasteboard".  It's the one passed to the service
method as the first arg.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/SysServices/Articles/providing.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000853-98262

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden