Re: master bd60ee2 1/5: auth-source: factor out parsers and add tests

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: master bd60ee2 1/5: auth-source: factor out parsers and add tests
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 13:12:23 -0400

On Fri, 28 Apr 2017 12:36:40 -0400 Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

GM> Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> What breaks, and how should I have caught this problem before it was
>> comitted?

GM> You could have run "make check", to see a bunch of test failures due to
GM> "return" being void.

GM> I can't resist pointing out that this was flagged by
GM> http://hydra.nixos.org/build/52055147

Huh. Thanks for the pointer. I'm glad you didn't resist.

But I didn't see that failure on my system:

SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
-----------------------
Files examined: 154
Ran 2250 tests, 2233 results as expected, 17 skipped

So my "make check" doesn't flag that `return' as a void-function, and
the warning during compilation that Stefan pointed out is easy to miss.
Hydra may be doing something differently to catch this?

Stefan fixed it this morning by using `cl-return' and `cl-dolist'
instead, which is great, but I'd like to make sure I don't break the
build again. What am I missing in my test process?

Thanks
Ted