Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 21:49:53 +0900

Thank you Anders,

> However, I'm not 100% comfortable to use `subr-x' since it is somewhat
> experimental (e.g. the functions in the file is not documented in the Emacs
> lisp manual). Besides, it doesn't trim non-breakable spaces. You could use
> something like the following:

Regarding subr-x, maybe it would be good to modify it so that it trims
non-breakable spaces too. Also, not using it is a guaranty that it will stay
experimental forever...

What is the condition to move something from experimental to "production" ?

> - When sending a patch, it's better to do it against the latest Emacs
> archive, rather than against the Aquamacs archive.

You are correct, of course, and my original intent was actually to ask about
that procedure :)

> In this case, I had to manually edit the files to apply the patch. Also, for
> future reference, it's better to attach it than to supply a link.

I will.

> - In a doc string, the first line should be a full sentence with a summary of
> what the function does. The reason is that when using "apropos", only the
> first line of the doc string is shown.

Ok. I'll change that.

Thank you again for the comments, hopefully the third version will be the good
one !

Jean-Christophe