Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 11:59:23 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 17:23:19 +0900
>
> The function only understand paths that start from / or from ~, so the path
> can't start with ws. As for paths ending with ws, that's a very marginal
> case. Currently, in a triple-click all the ws ending the string is selected
> and the function will thus fail to open the selected path. It should be
> possible to test incrementally whether the trimmed path points to a file, or
> if the path ending with the first ws does, etc until the end of the trailing
> ws list, but that's not practical.

OK, thanks.

Then I'd suggest to use split-string, which can trim any regexp
specified by its 4th argument.  That way, you can include NBSP in the
characters to trim.  I don't think we should include any additional
characters that have the Zs Unicode category need to be trimmed, as I
believe they are unlikely to be encountered in this scenario.  Perhaps
a comment to that effect is in order.