Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification

From: Anders Lindgren
Subject: Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 22:40:07 +0200

Hi!

I just tested your latest patch. The code looks much cleaner now when you use `split-string'. (I didn't know it could all those tricks -- it's always good to learn something new!)

The patch seems to work perfectly!

Some minor details:

* You no longer need the `(if (not (equal "" filestring"))' test -- when the OMIT-NULLS argument is non-nil, `split-string' ensures that the list doesn't contain empty strings.

* You misspelled "trimmed" as "timmed" in the comment in `ns-open-file-service'.

    -- Anders

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> wrote:

> On May 2, 2017, at 1:25, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hiddencom>
>> Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 00:58:44 +0900
>>
>> Ok, everything fixed here. I'll resend the patch when I am done with the copyright paperwork and when I understand how to write a proper commit log message (hopefully it will take me less time that it took to write this patch... :)
>
> This contribution is short enough for us to accept it even without the
> paperwork.  (I do encourage you to go on with paperwork, so that your
> future contributions will be accepted as well.)  So just send the
> fixed patch with the log message, and someone will commit it for you.

Ok, I'm not sure how to send the log message so I just copied it here. And I've further simplified the patch so I'm attaching the newest and hopefully last version here.

Jean-Christophe

Log message:

Multiline support in NS "open-file" service

* lisp/term/ns-win.el (ns-open-file-service): new function. Wraps the original call in a (split-string) to create as many calls as there are lines. (ns-spi-service-call): use it.