Re: Composing messages with format=flowed in Gnus from master branch

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: Composing messages with format=flowed in Gnus from master branch
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 00:53:36 +0200

On Sun, Apr 30 2017, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
> In 25.x, if a message is sent with all hard newlines, Gnus adds
> "format=flowed" to "Content-Type: text/plain;" headers. This is
> described on the wiki [1]. With an April 15th build from the master
> branch, "format=flowed" will not be added. Was there a change that I
> missed or was this unintended?

Sigh.. I remember writing that page in the wiki years ago, and *still*
having mostly the same code to write in FF, now with mu4e (which doesn't
handle a reply to FF properly anyway!).

I'd love this to be handled directly in message.el
It would be about time.

Is Lars still the main maintainer of gnus?
I'm prepared to make a patch for this.