Re: emacs-oob-reboot

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-oob-reboot
Date: Sat, 06 May 2017 14:02:22 +0300

> Date: Sat, 6 May 2017 11:38:48 +0100
> From: Damian Chrzanowski <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> There is a new initiative
> https://github.com/josteink/emacs-oob-reboot to revamp Emacs' defaults,
> and make it more modern !

I've seen that project.  It for now includes only a handful of
non-default settings, so IMO it's still too early to judge whether
these changes will satisfy enough users to make them the default.  The
crucial stage, which always comes sooner or later, is when some users
want a certain value, while others want a different value.

It is quite possible that, with enough user experience and feedback,
some of these changes should be considered for the core.

> One of the proposals (in terms of
> attractiveness for new users) is the option to automatically setup
> keybindings upon Emacs' first run.

Where did you see that proposal?  It isn't in the above URL.  The
Reddit discussion is very long, and I'm not sure which part of it are
you alluding to.