About frame title case [Windows]

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: About frame title case [Windows]
Date: Sun, 7 May 2017 16:51:41 +0200

In the Windows builds with MSYS2/MinGW64 I notice the following.

Suppose the PC name is 'FooBar', i.e. the MSYS2 shell prompt looks

address@hidden MSYS ~
$

Now, in the Windows builds, Emacs shows the frame title as 'address@hidden', i.e. do not respect the case 'FooBar'.

I understand this, internally DOS systems use all in uppercase, but I wonder if we can have that respecting the case, 'address@hidden', as on other systems (GNU/Linux, macOS, and also in Cygwin native builds, if I remember...).

I write about this because also the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) in Windows 10 Anniversary Update had this 'issue'... In its shell it had

address@hidden ~
$

But now, with Creators Update, it seems the 'issue' has been fixed:

address@hidden ~
$

So, why not to 'fix' it also for Emacs on Windows?

TIA,
 Angelo.