Re: Mail-Followup-To and Gmane and emacs-devel

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Mail-Followup-To and Gmane and emacs-devel
Date: Mon, 08 May 2017 23:03:01 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> So for a while now I've had it set this way. Actually, since I post
> through Gmane, my headers are (the Gmane header is translated on the
> Gmane side, Lars implemented that):

This makes Message behave (i.e., don't include you in the Cc list)...

> Gmane-Reply-To-List: yes

This makes Gmane insert a Reply-To header in the mail, which is probably
what's making the problem here (i.e., dropping everybody from the Cc
list, even those who'd rather be on it).

> I'm not sure if there's a better approach, so I'll change my headers if
> anyone has suggestions. But I really don't want the drive-by CC's back
> in my mailbox.

I think the Gmane-Reply-To-List is the only realistic solution here for
this, but you could also just split to /dev/null all mail that has both
you and emacs-devel in the Cc headers.