Re: status of emacs-25 branch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: status of emacs-25 branch
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 21:39:14 +0300

> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 18:47:05 +0100
>
> Is the bigger question not, what is the status of master?

There are many bigger questions.  ;-)  This is one of them, yes.

> If Emacs-25 is bug release only, should when is the emacs-26 branch
> coming.

It is still too early to cut the emacs-26 branch, Emacs 25.2 was
released less than a month ago.  IMO, we should wait a bit longer,
before we decide that emacs-25 will see no more bug-fix releases.

Once that decision is made, we should next decide whether Emacs 26.1
should wait for some unexec solution or not.  If it should wait, we
cannot yet cut a release branch based on master.